Thanks to Christopher Wells for the heads up
So What’s New?
Virtual Storage Console 4.0 for VMware vSphere includes enhancements to all four capabilities.
The Monitoring and Host Configuration capability adds support for the following:
- Data ONTAP® for Cluster-Mode
- Management of consolidated storage controller credentials
These credentials apply to the Monitoring and Host Configuration capability, the Provisioning and Cloning capability, and the Optimization and Migration capability.
- Scanning for and flagging indirect paths used to access data for Cluster-Mode based NFS exports, and providing a list of potential direct data paths
- _The NFS VAAI Plugin
_This is a software library that integrates with Virtual Disk Libraries and allows VMware software to execute certain primitives on NetApp storage controllers.
The Provisioning and Cloning capability enables you to perform the following tasks:
- Provision and manage NFS and VMFS datastores on storage systems running Data ONTAP for Cluster-Mode
- Use the Monitoring and Host Configuration capability to add and remove storage systems
A new capability, Optimization and Migration, enables you to perform the following tasks:
- Review the alignment status of virtual machines
- Perform online alignment of virtual machines by migrating them into optimized VMFS datastores
- Migrate a group of virtual machines into new or existing datastores
The Backup and Recovery capability enables you to perform the following task:
- Back up and restore a virtual machine even if a VMware consistency snapshot fails
Access to this tool requires a NOW account and of course a valid license.