Veeam have released a new version of their Free Monitoring product
The following is a list of new features in the Veeam Monitor 4.5:
- Full Veeam Business View integration for business‐centric performance monitoring,reporting and alerting. Please refer to this video for more information on this feature
- Configurable custom views which represent “intersection” of groups from different Business View categories, for instance: only show VMs with department “Marketing"and purpose “Desktop”.
- New view showing top loaded ESX hosts below the selected infrastructure node.
- Uptime and socket count is now shown in ESX host’s summary.
- Datastore free space alarm now can be set in relative amount (percents) in addition to absolute amount.
- Support for Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 and Microsoft Windows 7
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
The following is a list of new features in the Veeam Monitor 4.0.1:
- Backend Microsoft SQL Server load is reduced dramatically comparing to previous Veeam Monitor releases.
- Multiple enhancements improving product scalability and allowing for support of very large environments (hundreds of ESX hosts).
- New “Disk Commands Issued” alarm counter representing the sum of read and write requests to a datastore has been added.
- “Check Database” command in Veeam Monitor Server Settings program now also checks DB integrity and attempts to correct any issues encountered.
And of course - there is more for the full version of the product, and for a free product it does a very good job!!